Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Such a Merry Little Christmas

I've caught myself, and many of those around me, saying over the past few weeks that it just doesn't feel like Christmas. Despite the ever present sounds of Christmas music, the constant viewing of holiday movies, and the twinkling lights all over town... something just wasn't there. I suppose it happens that way though... Some holidays wrap you up in their spirit and hold you until you are forced to rub the magic from your eyes; and find it in the every day moments of life... Other times, the holidays just sort of arrive and pass... This Christmas was a little of both. 

For many reasons, it was a very bittersweet time for my immediate family. Still, the most important things were always at the forefront of our minds and hearts... Whether they were beside us, or out serving a greater part of God's plan... our family is healthy and ever growing... There were tears of worry and sadness, but mostly there was an abundance of joyful tears arising from hearts overcome with love and gratitude. As I looked around, I silently thanked the Lord for the love and the life that I have been blessed with. 

As a child, every Christmas morning... my little brother would climb into my bed and insist that I wake up to see what Santa had brought. He was always the first face I saw on Christmas. This year, the first smiling, perfect face that I saw was my niece. It was her first Christmas and although she is not old enough to understand the magic of it all... our day was more blessed because we have her. Overall, it was a day filled with surprises, love, and the hope of many more holidays with the hearts that make up this family. After all, isn't that what matters most in the end...

However you spent this Christmas, I hope that it was filled with magic and the hearts that you hold the dearest to you... 
XoXo

1 comment: